analysis is fast developing technology applied in civil engineering.
Owners and users of the civil engineering structures require more
safe, reliable and comfortable structures with low life cycle costs.
The experimental vibration analysis offers valuable information and
solutions for all above demands.
analysis is multidisciplinary area which can be defined as
combination of civil engineering, electronic engineering and software
engineering. The experts in this field should be familiar with the
methods of data acquisition (sensors, excitation methods, metrology
problems, etc.), data treatment (signal processing methods) and
analysis (modal analysis, damage detection algorithms, etc.).
development of technologies used in experimental vibration analysis
stimulates needs of international exchange of the knowledge and
experience in the field of dynamic identification and assessment of
civil engineering structures. Forum for the contacts is created by
the International Conferences Experimental Vibration Analysis for
Civil Engineering Structures EVACES. The first conference EVACES’05
has been held in Bordeaux, France in October 26 – 28, 2005 and the
next – EVACES’07 – has been organized in Porto, Portugal in
October 24-26, 2007.
International Conferences Experimental Vibration Analysis for Civil
Engineering Structures EVACES’09 is held in Wroclaw, Poland during
October 14 16, 2009. The Conference covers the main aspects of the
experimental vibration analysis: vibrations of large structures,
excitation and measurement techniques, system identification and
model updating, vibration data analysis, mitigation of vibrations,
vibration analysis of bridges, assessment of traffic induced
vibrations, structural integrity assessment and damage detection,
laboratory experiments and structural monitoring. The two-page
abstracts and full contributions, including 6 invited keynote papers
as well as 72 technical papers prepared by authors from 25 countries,
are assembled in this book of EVACES’09 proceedings and in the
included CD-ROM, respectively. All published papers have been
accepted on the basis of the international review procedure.
The EVACES’ 09
conference is organized by Wroclaw University of Technology with the
institutional sponsorship of the International Association for Bridge
and Structural Engineering (IABSE), International Association for
Bridge Maintenance and Safety (IABMAS) as well as the Structural
Assessment, Monitoring and Control Association (SAMCO).
- Vibration measurement (transducers, techniques, equipment)
- Vibration data analysis (modal analysis, wavelets, non linear non stationary processes, stochastic methods)
- Methodologies and standards in vibration analysis
- Sources of excitation (testing machines, traffic loads, ambient excitation)
- System identification, model updating and validation
- Structural integrity assessment
- Structural monitoring by experimental vibration analysis
- Vibration isolation and mitigation (passive damping, semiactive and active control)
- Vibration tests of buildings, bridges, roads, railways and other civil engineering structures
- In-situ and laboratory experiments, benchmarks
- Effects of shock and vibration on humans and facilities
- Earthquake engineering tests